How are your socks coming along? Are you having fun? Ready for our first sock link-up? Let's hit it!
Here are mine.
I knit the cuff and leg to just a tad over 6" as called for in the pattern. I would have gone longer, but I am trying to avoid needing another ball of this yarn since I don't know what it is or where I got it. So, if it will do two socks in total, I'll be happy! My next pair will be longer. And I can already tell you there WILL be a next pair! I am really enjoying these so much more than my prior attempts. Why? I'm not sure. I think the challenge is helping to keep me motivated. I think this pattern is just better than the ones I've tried in the past. And perhaps I'm a slightly better knitter than I was a year or two ago.
Last night I started the heel flap. I caught my self just in the nick of time for a major mistake: the pattern says to knit rows 1 and 2 of the heel flap and then repeat for a total of 29 rows. Well, I was well on my way to knitting those rows 29 TIMES....so I would have had double the amount of rows I needed. I'm thankful for that little voice that whispered to me....."Beth, read the pattern....read the pattern more carefully....something is not right.....read it! read it!"
So, tonight I will start Turning Heels....oh yeah, baby!
Here's where we are in our timeline to knit a pair of socks by the end of January:
- By Dec. 31st everyone needs to have gathered their supplies and checked their gauge.
- January 7th we'll show off our cuffs and leg of the sock.
- January 14th we'll show off our heels. Yes, Turning Heels in the New Year!
- January 21st we should be done our gussetts and foot and be ready to close the toe.
- January 28th we'll be well into our second sock and we'll display our works in progress.
- By Feb 4th we should be able to take a picture of our feet adorned in TWO fabulous socks!!