My sister made this and brought it over for dinner. Ummmm, ummmmm, GOOD! Comfort, warmth, and Fall in a dish!
It's from Wegman's:
Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli
1 pkg (16 oz) Food You Feel Good About Organic Dried Great Northern Beans, sorted, rinsed
10 cups water
3 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 Tbsp dried rosemary), if using fresh, strip leaves from stem
1/4 cup Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
2 medium sweet onions, 1/2-inch dice (about 3 cups)
4 cloves Food You Feel Good About Peeled Garlic, minced
2 carrots, peeled, 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 can (14.5 oz) Wegmans Diced Tomatoes (or 4 fresh plum tomatoes, 1/2-inch dice)
1 carton (32 fl oz) + 2 cups Food You Feel Good About Vegetable Culinary Stock
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 pkgs (6 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Baby Spinach
1/2 lb (1 1/2 cups) Wegmans Ditalini Pasta, cooked per pkg directions
You'll Need: Large stock pots
- Place sorted, rinsed beans in large stockpot. Cover with water, allowing an extra 2 inches of water above the beans. Cover, tilted to vent. Soak 8 hours to overnight.
- When ready to cook: Drain beans, discarding soaking water. Add beans and 10 cups fresh water to medium stockpot. Heat on HIGH 10 min, uncovered, until boiling. Skim as much foam as possible from the surface. Add bay leaves and rosemary; reduce heat to MEDIUM. Cover, tilted to vent steam. Cook 1 hour; do not stir.
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot on MEDIUM. Add onions, garlic, and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 min, until vegetables are tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, stock, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Simmer 10 min, stirring occasionally. Set aside off heat.
- Check beans for tenderness; they should be completely tender (if not tender, cover completely; cook additional 15 min or as needed). Discard bay leaves.
- Add beans and liquid to stockpot with veggie/tomato mixture; stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Cover, tilted to vent steam. Cook 30 min; stir occasionally.
- Add spinach to stockpot 10 min before serving. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve: Portion pasta into soup bowls and ladle hot soup over pasta.