- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 pound vermicelli or capellini pasta
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, cut on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons sesame oil, the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper.
In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over high heat. Add the onion and asparagus and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and the sesame oil sauce; cook for 1 minute over high heat. Lower the heat to medium, add the pasta and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 minutes. Top with the walnuts.
If you'd like to read more about going meatless once a week, visit Meatless Monday!